Pets are humankind’s best friend, but they can turn your home into a furry mess. It’s no secret that if you have a pet, it will show on your clothes!
Due to static charge, pet hair clings onto clothing and is difficult to remove. When washing, it’s possible that pet hair penetrates deeper into the fabric and becomes more difficult to remove. Therefore, it is important to remove most pet hair from your clothes before putting them in washing machine. The following chart shows you how to do this. The first tip shows what role a tumble dryer plays in this.
Read our tips to help get reduce pet hair on your clothing.
- 10 Minutes. For 10 minutes, tumble your clothes in a heat-free, tumble-only cycle. This will loosen the hair and soften the fabric. Remember to empty your dryer vent afterwards.
- Shake ‘n’ Wash. Shake each garment out before placing in the washing machine. Now wash as you normally would.
- Shake ‘n’ Dry. Once the laundry is done, shake each garment out again before placing into the dryer.
- Dryer sheets. Add dryer sheets to reduce the static cling between the animal hair and the fabric.
- Special tip – Sticky tape. Simply remove animal hair on non-washable items with sticky tape!