THE 2019 BOSCH® REVIEW SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ELSEWHERE WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The 2019 Bosch® Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by BSH Home Appliances
Corporation, 1901 Main Street, Suite 600, Irvine CA 92614 (“Sponsor”).
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF The 2019 Bosch® Review Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes commences on February
1, 2019 at 6:00:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on April 30, 2019 at 7:59:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of one (1) Periodic Prize Drawings. Each individual Periodic Prize Drawing has the Start Date and End Date as set forth in the table below.
(on or about 6:00:00 AM
Pacific Time that day)
(as of 7:59:59 PM
Pacific Time that
Random Drawing Date
February 1, 2019 – April
The computer network of the Sponsor shall be deemed to be the official Sweepstakes Period clock for the Prize Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, established at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and its respective parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (collectively, “Sponsor and Others”) are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico, the United States Territories and Possessions, and elsewhere where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this
Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If it is discovered that an Entrant has submitted, or has attempted to submit, more than entry per Prize Period using e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void for that Prize Period and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” shall run from 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time to 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time, except for February 1, 2019, when the “day” will start at 6:00:00 AM Pacific Time, and except for April 30, 2019, when the “day” will end at 7:59:59 PM Pacific Time.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: An Entrant must write a review on a Bosch appliance during the Sweepstakes Period . To enter, an Entrant must include his/her legal first and last name, e-mail address and phone number on his/her review form. The review form can be found by searching for the product model number or browsing for the product on this page: www.bosch-home.com/us/reviews.html. An Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes by writing one (1) review per Bosch appliance purchased. An Entrant may submit a review for each appliance model purchased, but may not submit more than one (1) review on the same appliance/model. An Entrant may not enter using multiple e-mail addresses. For each review Entrant submits in connection with the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to comply with all applicable federal and/or state laws, including, but not limited to, the United States Federal Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising which can be found at www.ftc.gov, and Sponsor shall comply with disclosure requirements by indicating a the author of the review is receiving a chance to win a prize in the Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is not intended by Sponsor to be an incentive for any Entrant to submit a favorable review, or to post a review of any Bosch appliance or other product on social media or any other platform or website other than a site controlled by Sponsor. If an Entrant posts a review that Entrant has submitted in this Sweepstakes (or a substantively equivalent one) on a social media or other platform or website (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, a blog, or the like), the Entrant should disclose that Entrant’s review is an entry into this Sweepstakes and the approximate retail value of the prizes offered in this Sweepstakes. See “The FTC’s Endorsement Guides: What People Are Asking” which can be found at www.ftc.gov.
Alternate Means of Entry: To enter this Sweepstakes without writing a review, fill out the entry form on the sweepstakes webpage on the Bosch home appliances website at www.bosch-home.com/us/win. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Only one (1) entry per Prize Period allowed. All webpages referred to in this Section 3 (other than www.ftc.gov) are the “Promotion Pages”.
4. DRAWING: On the Random Drawing Date for the Prize Period, (as shown on the table in Section 1), Sponsor will randomly draw one (1) potential Periodic Prize Drawing winner from the eligible entries collectively received during that respective Prize Period in one of the manners specified above. Non-winning entries from one Periodic Prize Drawing will not carry forward to subsequent Periodic Prize Drawings.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Periodic Prize (1): Each Periodic Prize is a $2000.00 VISA prepaid card. A maximum of one (1) Periodic Prize is available to be won for each Prize Period. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $2000.00. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
B. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Periodic Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received on the Bosch official website and sweepstakes form. One (1) winner for the Prize Period will be selected from the eligible entries collectively received from the Bosch Home Appliances U.S. website and from those entries captured via the sweepstakes form on the Bosch Home Appliances U.S. website.
C. Approximate Total Retail Value of all prizes is USD $2000.00.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES: A. Prize Notification: The Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to notify each potential Prize Winner by e-mail and/or telephone. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted by e-mail or telephone within ten (10) days of attempted first notification will forfeit his/her prize. Each potential Prize Winner will be required to sign an authorization and an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Sponsor within three (3) days of the date the notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prize. If the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she forfeits their respective Prize. Acceptance of a Prize shall constitute and signify the Prize Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the Prize Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
B. Prize Claim: Sponsor and Others shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for verification and shipment of each Prize. Prizes will only be awarded to winners who have complied with the procedures above and who have been verified by Sponsor as having complied with these Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor will pay for shipping the Prize to the Prize Winner’s home,. Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes and any other costs, fees and expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any prize in the form of a prepaid card is limited to the issuer and face value of the gift card itself and might not be accepted by the vendor of any particular item or service that the winning Entrant may wish to purchase or might not be sufficient in amount to pay the full price of any particular item or service. A winning Entrant is responsible for all other charges, costs or expenses of any and all kinds above the face value of the gift card. Sponsor and Others shall have no responsibility for the item or items selected by the winning Entrant for purchase with a prepaid card. No cash value is due if a prepaid card has a stated expiration date and the winning participant does not use the gift card before such expiration date. Sponsor and Others shall have no responsibility or obligation to a winning Entrant who is unable to claim, accept, or utilize the prize as described in these Official Rules.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Others are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in these Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to any Entrant’s or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in these Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prizes. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into this Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry provided that the Sweepstakes Period has not expired. ALL WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS-IS. SPONSOR AND OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Further, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for, and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Prize Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of any prize. Sponsor and Others shall not be liable to any Periodic Prize Winners or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in these Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Others from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from these Sweepstakes, participation in these Sweepstakes, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
Sponsor and Others shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. By entering these Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Sponsor and Others in connection with these Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and Others and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander,
8. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAW PROVISIONS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF ORANGE, INCLUDING ANY ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS PROVIDED BELOW. FURTHER, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND
AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ENTRANTS ARE NOTIFIED AND AGREE THAT ANY CLAIMS THAT THEY WISH TO ASSERT AS SET FORTH HEREIN MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD OR THEY WILL BE BARRED AS UNTIMELY. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU (OR, IF YOU ARE A MINOR IN YOUR JURISDICATION OF RESIDENCE, YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AGREE TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF ANY DISPUTES BY MEANS OF ARBITRATION.
Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of these Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in these Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. Void in all jurisdictions, except those specifically included herein, in Puerto Rico and wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor will ship the prize directly to the winner upon receipt of the signed Affidavit described in Section 1 above. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes materials (including but not limited to print, TV, radio, cable, electronic, digital, social media and any Sponsor websites (including the Promotion Pages ) or Internet sites, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNER’S LIST. For a list of prize winners, interested individuals should place their name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: Winners List, 2019 Bosch® Review Sweepstakes, BSH Home Appliances Corporation, 1901 Main Street, Suite 600, Irvine CA 92614. Winners List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date on April 30, 2019 and requests must be received no later than July 31, 2019.
Customer service inquiries can be made at Contact Us on the www.bosch-home.com/us homepage.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
© 2019 BSH Home Appliances Corporation. All rights reserved.