THE BOSCH® SENSE-ATIONAL Sweepstakes OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ELSEWHERE WHERE PROHIBITED.
The BOSCH® SENSE-ATIONAL Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by BSH Home Appliances Corporation, 1901 Main Street, Irvine CA 92614 (“Sponsor”), and is administered by Red Door Interactive, an independent judging organization (“Administrator”), 350 10th Avenue, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92101.
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF The BOSCH® SENSE-ATIONAL Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes commences on September 16, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 15, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of five (5) Periodic First Prize Drawings, and one (1) Grand Prize Drawing. Each individual Periodic Drawing, as well as the Grand Prize Drawing, has the Start Date and End Date as set forth in the table below.
(as of 12:00 A.M. E.T. that day, except Periodic Drawing #1, when the “day” will start at 12:00:00 PM ET)
(as of 11:59:59 P.M. E.T. that day)
Random Drawing Date
Periodic First Prize Drawing #1: Sense of Sight
Periodic First Prize Drawing #2: Sense of Smell
Periodic First Prize Drawing #3: Sense of Touch
Periodic First Prize Drawing #4: Sense of Taste
Periodic First Prize Drawing #5: Sense of Sound
Grand Prize Drawing (runs concurrently with all Periodic Drawing Periods)
The computer of the Administrator shall be deemed to be the official Sweepstakes Period clock for each Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal United States residents in the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, established at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Finn Partners, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (collectively, “Sponsor and Others”) are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico, the United States Territories and Possessions, and elsewhere where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than one time per entry period using multiple Facebook® accounts, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” shall run from 12:00:00 AM to 11:59:59 PM ET, except for September 16, 2013, when the “day” will start at 12:00:00 PM ET.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: An Entrant must logon to www.facebook.com/boschappliances (the “Promotion Page”) during the Sweepstakes, click on the “Sweepstakes” tab, and “Like” the page. Entrants must agree that the Sponsor may capture the Entrant’s Facebook® account information and complete registration. The Entrant must then register by entering the information requested on the Registration Page, including his/her official last name, telephone number, and any other information on the Registration Page. Each Entrant who successfully completes his/her entry will automatically be entered for the current Periodic Drawing, as well as for the final Grand Prize Drawing. By logging back on to the Promotion Page for future Periodic Drawings, an Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes again, provided that an Entrant enter the Sweepstakes (for the Periodic First Prize Drawings) only one (1) time per periodic drawing period regardless of how many e-mail addresses an Entrant uses. An Entrant submitting an entry via Facebook will receive an additional entry for each friend that enters the contest by clicking on the Entrant’s link shared on their Facebook page. Entrants not submitting a sweepstakes entry through Facebook will not be eligible for additional entries for each friend that enters via Facebook sharing, as offline and iframe website contest entry do not have social sharing functionality.
The Sweepstakes requires that Entrants either already have or open an account on Facebook, or that Entrants enter the sweepstakes by mail or via an official sweepstakes iframe on the Bosch website at: http://www.bosch-home.com/us/sense-ational-sweepstakes-2013.html.
To enter this sweepstakes by mail please send your first and last name and email address on 3.5” x 5” postcard to the following address: BOSCH® SENSE-ATIONAL Sweepstakes, BSH Home Appliances Corporation, 1901 Main Street Irvine CA 92614. Mail entries must be postmarked by the End Date for each respective Periodic Drawing Period (as shown on the table in Section 1).
4. Drawing: On the Random Drawing Date for each respective Periodic First Prize Drawing Period, (as shown on the table in Section 1), Administrator will randomly draw one (1) potential Periodic Drawing winner from the Bosch Facebook Sweepstakes tab, official website, and any mail-in entries. Each Periodic First Prize Drawing will be from a pool of all eligible entries submitted during that Periodic First Prize’s Drawing Period. Non-winning entries from one Periodic First Prize Drawing will not carry forward to subsequent Periodic First Prize Drawings. There will be a total of five (5) Periodic First Prize winners. Additionally, there will be one (1) Grand Prize drawing from a pool of all eligible entries from the Bosch Facebook Sweepstakes tab, official website, and any mail-in entries submitted prior to the Grand Prize Drawing End Date. An Entrant may not win both prizes.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize is a new SHE68T55UC dishwasher . A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize is available to be won. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is USD $949.00. Limit one (1) grand prize winner for the sweepstakes.
B. First Prize (5): The Periodic First Prize is a $100 pre-paid Visa card. A maximum of five (5) First Prizes are available to be won. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Periodic First Prize is USD $100. The estimated retail value of all Periodic First Prizes is USD $500 (ARV x 5). Limit one (1) First Prize per household.
C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Periodic First Prize or Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received on the Bosch Facebook Sweepstakes tab or Bosch official website, and any mail-in entries. One winner for each Periodic First Prize Drawing Period will be selected from the Bosch Facebook Sweepstakes tab, Bosch official website, and mail-in entries. One winner for the Grand Prize will be selected from the Bosch Facebook Sweepstakes tab, Bosch official website, and mail-in entries. The odds of winning a prize depends on the aggregate number of eligible entries received for the Bosch Facebook Sweepstakes tab, the Bosch website, and mail-in entries.
D. Approximate Total Retail Value of all prizes is USD $1,449.00
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES:
A. Prizes: The potential Grand Prize Winner and Periodic First Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail and telephone. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted by telephone once and then by e-mail within ten (10) days of attempted first notification will forfeit his/her prize. The potential Grand Prize Winner and First Prize Winners will be required to sign an authorization and an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Administrator within two (2) days of the date the notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prizes. If the Grand Prize or First Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential Grand Prize Winner or First Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she forfeits their respective Prize. Acceptance of a Grand Prize or First Prize shall constitute and signify the Grand Prize Winner or First Prize Winners’ agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the Grand Prize Winner’s and First Prize Winners’ name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
B. Sponsor and Others shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for verification and shipment of each Prize. Prizes will only be awarded to verified Winners. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor will pay for shipping the Prize to the Prize Winner’s home, curbside delivery only. Prize Winners will be responsible for installation of a Prize, and all associated costs such as modification to cabinetry, other modifications needed for the installation of the prize, as well as for any building code or other approvals which may be needed for installation of the prize.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Others are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in these Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to any Entrant’s or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in these Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prizes. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into this Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry. ALL WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS-IS. SPONSOR AND OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Further, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for, and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Prize Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of prize. Sponsor and Others shall not be liable to any Grand Prize Winner or First Prize Winners or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in these Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Others from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from these Sweepstakes, participation in these Sweepstakes, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
Sponsor and Others shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. By playing these Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Sponsor and Others in connection with these Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and Others and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) these Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in these Sweepstakes, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse or inability to use a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sponsor and Others’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of these Sweepstakes, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Promotion Pages or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Sponsor and Others or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access these Sweepstakes, the Promotion Page or any other Sweepstakes-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of these Sweepstakes, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor and Others, or any of their agents or employees, (o) cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), or other transportation companies, hotel(s), or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same, (p) lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected baggage, (q) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (r) the collection, use and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees or (s) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
8. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA , AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Further, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.ENTRANTS ARE NOTIFIED AND AGREE THAT ANY CLAIMS THAT THEY WISH TO ASSERT AS SET FORTH HEREIN MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD OR THEY WILL BE BARRED AS UNTIMELY.
11. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout these Sweepstakes Periods and the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential Prize Winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the Prize Winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, this Sweepstakes and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of these Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of these Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in these Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. Void in all jurisdictions, except those specifically included herein, in Puerto Rico and wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor will ship prize directly to the winner upon receipt of signed Agreement and Release. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNER’S LIST. For a list of prize winners, interested individuals should place their name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: Winners List, Bosch® SENSE-ATIONAL Sweepstakes, BSH Home Appliances Corporation, 1901 Main Street Irvine CA 92614. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstake’s end date (listed above) and requests must be received no later than January 31, 2014.
Customer service inquiries can be made at Contact Us on the bosch-home.com/us homepage.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.
© BSH Home Appliances Corporation. All rights reserved.