My family and I have recently been making an effort to eat vegetarian at least once a week. Not only is it healthy, but it also provides me with the opportunity to experiment with a wide range of new recipes and different types of cuisine. I generally make use of the Assist function on my Bosch Series 8 oven when I need some inspiration – with pre-programmed temperature and timing settings for well over 100 recipes, there really are no limits as to the delicious creations that I can make.
This week, I decided to try my hand at Mediterranean Stuffed Roasted Peppers. Here’s the recipe that I followed.
What You Need:
- 4 large Red or Yellow Peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups of ripe Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 1 cup of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped finely
- 45 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rice, cooked (as much as you’d like)
*Remember, when it comes to stuffed peppers, you can get as creative as you want. Other popular fillings include mince and olives – the choice is completely up to you!
- The first thing that you need to do once you have cut your peppers in half is to remove all of the seeds and the ribs.
- In a baking tray, place your peppers, cut-side up, and use a little bit of the extra virgin olive oil to lightly grease the sides of the peppers, along with the stems.
- In a separate bowl, mix your tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, rice and remaining olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
- Using the Assist function, set the correct program for your roast peppers by choosing the option ‘Stuffed Vegetables’ and placing the baking tray inside the oven. It will handle the rest.
- Now all that’s left to do is wait for the audible signal - following which, you will be able to remove the peppers from the oven, and serve.
Despite being die-hard meat lovers, my family was very happy with the results and ate every last morsel on their plates. Another dinnertime success all thanks to my trusty Bosch Series 8 oven – who knows what I’ll be inspired to make next week?