Makes 4 servings
Prep and Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 6 gingersnap cookies, finely ground
- Butter or nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
1. Preheat Bosch Wall Oven on ‘Bake’ mode at 425°F.
2. In a medium bowl, add ground gingersnap cookies; set aside.
3. In small saucepan on Bosch Induction Cooktop add chocolate chips and butter; melt butter and chips at level 3, stirring occasionally until smooth. Butter and chocolate chips will separate from each other.
4. In bowl of stand mixer add egg yolks, pumpkin and brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Add butter and chocolate chip mixture, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to bowl; beat on medium speed until mixture is thoroughly combined and smooth and set aside.
5. Butter or spray bottoms and sides of four ramekins. Spoon a generous amount of gingersnap crumbs into each ramekin; swirl crumbs around to coat bottoms and sides. Hold each ramekin over bowl of crumbs and tap to remove excess.
6. Place ramekins onto sheet tray; pour Pumpkin Lava Cake batter evenly into each ramekin. Bake cakes 21 to 23 minutes until edges are browned and tops are set. Remove cakes from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Carefully loosen sides of cakes with a small metal spatula or butter knife.
7. Place a small serving plate over a cake and flip ramekin over. Repeat with remaining cakes. Serve Pumpkin Lava Cakes with ice cream or desired topping, such as pomegranate seeds.
From our kitchen to yours, we wish you a happy fall! We hope you enjoy many special kitchen memories this fall season.