Oven is not operating.
Oven may not be plugged in. Check to see if it is plugged in.
Check to see if you are experiencing a power failure. The power supply to the oven may have been interrupted. If the digital clock is flashing and showing three zeroes, the power supply to the oven has been interrupted. The clock must be reset before the oven will operate again. See the Use & Care Guide to learn how to reset the clock.
Power may not be flowing to the socket. Check if electricity is present at the outlet in question by using another small object that runs on electricity (e.g. hairdryer). If electricity is not present, consult an electrician.
The fuse may have blown or the circuit breaker may be tripped. Replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker.
Oven smokes when grilling.
When fatty foods are cooked in the oven (e.g. roasts), a certain amount of fat will be deposited onto the grill element. The next time that the grill is turned on this fat will burn off with an acrid smell. Leave the oven door closed during the grill warm-up process (5 to 10 minutes) and by that time most of the smoke should have dissipated.
Fan runs continuously.
All our ovens have a ventilator fan, which keeps the oven housing cool. The ventilator fan will continue to run (even after the oven has been turned off) until the oven has cooled sufficiently. This could be 30 minutes or more depending on the cooking temperature used.
Routine maintenance for your oven.
We recommend cleaning the oven exterior and interior when it becomes unsightly. Wipe away spills on a timely basis so that spills do not become hardened and difficult to remove. Be sure to wipe away pools of oil and excessive soil/debris in the oven before activating the oven’s self-cleaning feature. Not doing so can cause smoke and possibly a fire.
View our How-to-Videos on the Bosch YouTube Channel to learn how to clean stainless steel.
Bosch stainless steel conditioner is available for purchase in the Bosch Accessories & Parts Store (part number 00576696).
Please also refer to the OVENS – CLEANING & CARE SECTION for additional information.
Can I use two wall ovens at the same time for cooking and baking?
Yes. However, two wall ovens cannot be self-cleaned at the same time.
Can I self-clean two wall ovens at the same time?
No. Please refer to your Use & Care Guide to learn how to self-clean your ovens.
How to self-clean an oven.
All models have slightly different instructions. If you own two wall ovens, you cannot self-clean both ovens at the same time. Please refer to your Use & Care Guide to learn how to self-clean your oven.
Can I use oven cleaner in my self-cleaning oven?
No, we do not recommend using chemical cleaners in self-cleaning ovens. The porcelain surface is smooth and chemical cleaners may cause surface damage.
Oven is not self-cleaning properly.
Allow the oven to cool before running the self-clean feature. Always wipe away loose soils/debris or heavy spills before running self-clean. Remove the racks and all other accessories before self-cleaning. Set the oven for the maximum self-clean time if the oven is badly soiled.
Should I leave the oven door open while broiling?
No, this is not necessary. All modern ovens require that the oven door be closed while broiling. This reduces the amount of heat in the kitchen.
Oven has accidentally locked, even after cooling.
Turn the oven off at the circuit breaker and wait five minutes. Turn the circuit breaker back on and the oven should reset itself and be operable.
Oven light doesn’t turn off.
Check for any obstructions in and around the oven door. Remove any obstructions that you find.
Oven light is not working properly.
Replace or reinsert the light bulb if loose or defective. Use gloves or a small wash cloth when handling the light bulb because touching it with your fingers may deposit oils on it and thus cause it to burn out prematurely.
The bulb may have burned out. Buy a replacement bulb.
View our How-to-Videos on the Bosch YouTube Channel to learn how to change a light bulb in your oven.
Controls do not respond when a key is touched.
Be sure the control surface is clean and dry. Touch the center of the touch key using the flat part of your finger.
Are parts of the display/controls not working or missing?
- If yes, turn the oven off at the circuit breaker and wait five minutes. Turn the circuit breaker back on and the oven should reset itself and be operable. If this does not solve the problem, please schedule a service visit.
Is the whole display not working or missing? If yes, open the oven door and see if the oven lights are working or not.
- If the lights are working, please schedule a service visit.
- If the lights are not working - turn the circuit breaker off, wait 5 minutes, and then turn it back on. If the display still does not work after turning the circuit breaker back on, schedule a service visit.
Warm air or steam is coming out of the oven vent.
This is normal. Do not block the vent.
“Error E118/E218” message.
Turn the circuit breaker off, wait 5 minutes, and then turn it back on. Next, run the oven for 5 minutes. If the error message does not go away and the oven does not work, please schedule a service visit.
In the future, keep the exhaust baffle at the bottom of the oven and the latch opening clean. Blockages in these areas can restrict air circulation, thus causing this error message to occur.
Error E118 does not apply to 2014 models (models that end with "51UC" or "61UC").
My oven is having problems with the temperature.
Does the oven display show error codes E115/E215 or E101/E/201?
- If yes, please schedule a service visit.
- If no, please perform a “temperature reset”. Please refer to the Use & Care Guide to learn how to do this on your appliance.
My baked goods are not coming out as intended. They are overdone or underdone.
This may be due to an error in the baking technique (human error) or the oven may not be performing optimally. Darker baking pans require a 25°F reduction in oven temperature. Performing the Biscuit/Cookie Bake Test will let you know if the cause is human, bakeware, or oven error. This test is used it to help develop our ovens.
Biscuit/Cookie Bake Test
Purchase Pillsbury Grands Biscuits or Pillsbury Sugar Cookies. They are “unbaked” and can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. We will bake these in the oven.
- Use a shiny, aluminum cookie sheet that is 12 x 15” or larger.
- Follow package instructions for laying the biscuits/cookies out on the cookie sheet. Failure to follow recommended package spacing will negatively affect bake results.
- Do not put the cookie sheets into the oven until PREHEAT is finished.
- If baking one cookie sheet, refer to your oven’s Use and Care Manual for the recommended rack position. If baking two cookie sheets at once, place them on the racks recommended in your oven’s Use and Care Manual.
- Follow package instructions for baking time.
- Do not open the oven door once the biscuits/cookies have been put into the oven. Use the oven light and window to view the biscuits/cookies if you wish.
- At the minimum baking time listed on the package, check the baking results through the window. If the biscuits/cookies are not baked to satisfaction, check them every minute and allow them to bake more until fully baked or until the maximum baking time listed on the package has been reached, whichever happens first.
- If the biscuits/cookies turn out well during the baking times noted on the package – this means the oven is performing properly and does not need a service visit.
- If the biscuits/cookies turn out overdone or underdone during the baking times noted on the package – this means the oven needs to be checked by an authorized Bosch servicer. Please schedule a service visit.