BOSCH® DISHWASHER REVIEW Sweepstakes OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ELSEWHERE WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Bosch® DISHWASHER REVIEW Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is administered by BSH Home Appliances Corporation, 1901 Main Street Irvine CA 92614 (“Sponsor”).
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE BOSCH® DISHWASHER REVIEW Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes commences on June 1, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 31, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The computer of the Administrator shall be deemed to be the official Sweepstakes Period clock for each Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal United States residents in the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, established at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (collectively, “Sponsor and Others”) are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico, the United States Territories and Possessions, and elsewhere where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than one time per entry period using multiple e-mail addresses, or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” shall run from 12:00:00 AM to 11:59:59 PM ET, except for June 1, 2013, when the “day” will start at 12:00:00 PM ET.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: An Entrant must write a review on a Bosch dishwasher between June 1, 2013 and -January 31, 2014. To enter, Entrants must include his/her official name and e-mail address in their review form. Each Entrant who successfully completes his/her review will automatically be entered into the Drawing. An Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes by writing one (1) review on a Bosch dishwasher and may not enter using multiple e-mail addresses. For any review entrant submits in connection with the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to comply with all applicable federal or state laws, including, but not limited to, the United States Federal Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising and Sponsor shall disclose that by submitting a review entrant is receiving a chance to win a prize in the Sweepstakes. To enter this sweepstakes by mail please send your first and last name and email address on 3.5” x 5” postcard to the following address: THE BOSCH® DISHWASHER REVIEW Sweepstakes, BSH Home Appliances Corporation, 1901 Main Street Irvine CA 92614. Mail entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2014.
4. Drawing: One drawing will be administered on February 7, 2014, using entrants from June 1st-January 31. On the Drawing Date, Administrator will randomly draw one (1) potential winner from reviews captured on Bosch dishwashers from the Bosch home appliances U.S. website. The estimated retail value of the Roundtrip coach airfare for 2 is up to $600 per person. The estimated retail value of the 4-night all-inclusive hotel portion of prize valued at up to $2,500 for each trip.
a. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for Bosch dishwashers during the duration of the contest.
b. Approximate Total Retail Value of all prizes is USD $3700.
5. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE, AFFIDAVITS AND RELEASES:
a. Periodic Prize: The potential Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted by e-mail within ten (10) days of attempted first notification will forfeit his/her prize. The potential Prize Winner will be required to sign an authorization and an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Administrator within two (2) days of the date the notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prize. If the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she forfeits their respective Prize. Acceptance of a Prize shall constitute and signify the Prize Winner agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the Prize Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor and Others shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding any prizes for any reason.
b. Sponsor and Others shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for verification and shipment of the Prize. Prize will only be awarded to verified Winners. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Sponsor will pay for shipping the Prize to the Prize Winner’s home.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Others are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in these Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to any Entrant’s or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in these Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into this Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry. THE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PRIZE IS AWARDED AS-IS. SPONSOR AND OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO THE PRIZES OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Further, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for, and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Prize Winner against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of prize. Sponsor and Others shall not be liable to any Prize Winner or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in these Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Others from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from these Sweepstakes, participation in these Sweepstakes, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
Sponsor and Others shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. By playing these Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Sponsor and Others in connection with these Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and Others and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) these Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in these Sweepstakes, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse or inability to use a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sponsor and Others’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of these Sweepstakes, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Promotion Pages or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Sponsor and Others or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access these Sweepstakes, the Promotion Page or any other Sweepstakes-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of these Sweepstakes, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor and Others, or any of their agents or employees, (o) cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), or other transportation companies, hotel(s), or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same, (p) lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected baggage, (q) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (r) the collection, use and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees or (s) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
7. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA , AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Further, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
ENTRANTS ARE NOTIFIED AND AGREE THAT ANY CLAIMS THAT THEY WISH TO ASSERT AS SET FORTH HEREIN MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD OR THEY WILL BE BARRED AS UNTIMELY.
10. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules throughout these Sweepstakes Periods and the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential Prize Winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the Prize Winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, this Sweepstakes and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of these Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of these Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in these Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. Void in all jurisdictions, except those specifically included herein, in Puerto Rico and wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor will ship prize directly to the winner upon receipt of signed Agreement and Release. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
11. WINNER’S LIST. For a list of prize winners, interested individuals should e-mail Micaela.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer service inquiries can be made at Contact Us on the bosch-home.com/us homepage.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.
12. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The vacation package is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tickets and hotel certificates issued in conjunction with this promotion have zero cash value.
- Delta Vacations will provide air transportation via Delta Air Lines from any city in the U.S. 50 states. Travel is permitted on DL designated flights operated by Delta Air Lines, KLM, Compass, Pinnacle, KLM City Hopper, ASA, Freedom, Comair, SkyWest, Chautauqua, or Shuttle America. Travel via other DL designated affiliated partner flights is not permitted. The recipient shall be responsible for travel to and from the airport served by such flights.
- Travel is not permitted on the following dates: 2013 – Nov 21-27, Dec 18-31, 2013. 2014 – Mar 30-Apr 19, Nov 22-28, Dec 18-31.
- Not valid with previously purchased trip. Trip certificate may not be combined with any other coupon, certificates, discount, bonus, infant fare, upgrade, SkyMiles Air Travel Award or promotional offers/tickets.
- Trip certificate is non-transferable. Positive identification will be required at time of check-in.
- Travel must be roundtrip.
- Reservations must be made and ticket issued prior to departure.
- Booking and travel dates must fall into the range as specified.
- Delta Vacations must issue all travel documentation.
- Certificate may only be applied towards number of passengers specified on the certificate; passengers must travel on the same itinerary and must be booked through Delta Vacations.
- Any unused portion of the certificate will not be refunded, and cannot be used towards another booking or another service component.
- Travel agent commission is not paid/earned on a free trip value, taxes, and fees.
- If booking exceeds certificate value, recipient is responsible for any balance due and must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Hotel taxes, state and federal income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Checked luggage fees may apply, fees are charged each way, and are subject to change. Refer to delta.com for current rates.
- Changes to reservations, once made, are not permitted.
- Substitutions will not be allowed.
- Space is subject to availability.
- Winner must be 18 years of age or older.
- SkyMiles mileage credit will not be awarded.
- Flight schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Delta Vacations is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Standard Delta Vacations Terms and Conditions apply, and are outlined during the booking process; other airline, hotel, or vendor restrictions may apply.
- Delta Vacations is managed, operated, and marketed by MLT Vacations.
© BSH Home Appliances Corporation. All rights reserved.