As the heart of the home, more and more of a household's activities have moved into the kitchen and the last thing homeowners want to do is drive away guests with a noisy dishwasher. Named as the quietest and mostefficient dishwasher in North America, the new Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher tackles the three major causes of a loud dishwasher allowing homeowners to wash their dishes at a virtually silent noise level using minimal resources, and virtually no disruption for other activities in the kitchen.
In total, the Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher features 18 sound-reducing technologies including the three primary causes of disruptive dishwasher noise -- a single large pump system, inadequate insulation and vibration emanating from the base -- to significantly reduce the noise level. The new Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher operates at an industry-leading, virtually silent 39 dBA and is the flagship of Bosch's lineup of dishwashers -- the quietest line of dishwashers in North America.
"With the kitchen serving as the center of many homes, we know how important it is for dishwasher noise to seamlessly blend into the background. While Bosch dishwashers have become synonymous with quietness and efficiency, we challenged our engineers to take our commitment one step further with the new Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher," said Michael Traub, president and CEO for BSH home appliances. "The Bosch 800 Plus employs our latest technology to nearly eliminate dishwasher noise. We couldn't be prouder to have this model as the flagship of the Bosch dishwasher line -- the quietest line of dishwashers in North America."
The ultra-quiet and efficient Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher is German engineered with the following features:
Operating at a virtually silent 39 dBA, the Bosch 800 Plus is the quietest dishwasher in North America; so quiet that it features InfoLight® -- a small red light that projects onto the floor to indicate the dishwasher is in use. Additional features include:
- Solid Molded Base muffles the washing action and keeps the motor noise localized within the washer.
- Three Sound-Muffling Layers of coated metal and cotton fiber keep noise and moisture from escaping the unit.
- Ultra-Quiet Drain Pump senses when all drain water has been removed and shuts off automatically.
The Bosch 800 Plus is the most water- and energy-efficient dishwasher in North America, using two gallons of water per cycle and 97 percent less energy than the federal standard. Additional efficiency features include:
- ActiveWater™ technology utilizes design, water pressure and efficiency to circulate two gallons of water into the cleaning power of more than 1,300.
- Flow-Through Water Heater channels 100 percent of the water through tight coils in a confined heating chamber, which heats the water quickly and efficiently.
- Half Load Option dramatically reduces energy and water consumption when washing small, lightly soiled loads.
Quality and Performance
All Bosch dishwashers are backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal and undergo 485 individual quality control tests to assure peak performance and quality. Optimal performance is also achieved through these additional features:
- ActiveTab™ Tray dissolves detergent tablets more effectively utilizing the 800 Plus' water-softening system.
- Sanitize Option operates at a higher temperature and eliminates 99.9 percent of bacteria, while enhancing dish drying results.
- Auto Wash detects the amount of water and debris that is drained from the dishwasher each cycle and is able to optimize the amount of new water for following cycles, maximizing water and energy efficiency while maintaining top performance.
The Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher joins the impressive lineup of Bosch dishwashers which are currently the quietest dishwasher line in North America. Additionally, all Bosch dishwashers exceed ENERGY STAR requirements and use between 2-3 gallons of water per load. The Bosch 800 Plus dishwasher is available starting August 15th with concealed controls, recessed handles, or bar handle, for an MSRP ranging from $1,399 to $2,099.
Bosch home appliances is part of BSH, Bosch and Siemens Home Appliance Group, the third largest appliance manufacturer in the world. Known worldwide for raising standards in appliance efficiency and quietness, Bosch is a recipient of the ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. In fact, Bosch is the only US appliance manufacturer with entire product lines of ENERGY STAR qualified dishwashers, washers and refrigeration. With US headquarters in Huntington Beach, CA, the company operates an appliance park in New Bern, North Carolina comprised of state-of-the-art factories for washers, dryers, dishwashers, ranges, ovens and cooktops. For more Bosch information, visit www.bosch-home.com/us, like Bosch at Facebook.com/BoschAppliances or connect on Twitter@BoschAppliances.