(Las Vegas, Nev. – January 19, 2010) – Bosch home appliances is bringing an end to imperfect pancakes; runny eggs; fried foods that are burnt on the outside and raw in the center; and skillets that are charred beyond repair. These problems stem from the guesswork it takes to heat a pan to the right temperature and keep it at that temperature during cooking. The solution is a patented, exclusive, industry first for Bosch: AutoChef™ sensor cooking. AutoChef is featured exclusively on Bosch 800 Series induction and electric cooktops.
AutoChef works with a premium aluminum core pan that is included free with the cooktop.
AutoChef’s innovative sensor measures the temperature from the bottom of the pan and applies only the perfect amount of energy to the element in order to deliver precise cooking results, every time, and without waste of energy. The cooktop heats to the desired temperature and makes an audible sound when its time to place the food in the pan.
“Even though Americans are spending more time cooking at home, they still strive to create restaurant quality food,” said Michael Traub, president and CEO of BSH Home Appliances. “AutoChef takes the guesswork out of preparing favorite recipes, so the home chef can enjoy the cooking experience as well as energy savings.”
Additional AutoChef Cooktop Features
Efficiency and Performance
- Induction cooking is 30% more efficient than traditional cooking.
- Bosch induction cooktops feature the most powerful cooking element in its price class: 4,400 Watt, 11-inch
- Bosch Electric cooktops offer a 12-inch element with 3,050 Watts of power.
- 90% of the induction cooktop can be recycled after the product is retired.
- SteelTouch™ replaces control knobs with a clean, modern stainless steel strip that lies flush with the cooktop’s stainless steel frame. SteelTouch utilizes innovative touch technology to allow consumers to control cooktop settings with a soft touch.
- PreciseSelect™ makes it possible to directly select the desired temperature with a single touch, as opposed to the continual button presses it takes to reach peak temperatures on competitive models.
- Pre-programmed meal options work with the AutoChef sensor to allow one-touch cooking for the most common pan-cooked meals: cutlets/chops, poultry, steak medium rare, steak well done, fish, frozen food, French fries, pancakes and omelets/eggs.
- PowerStart™ quickly achieves the desired temperature setting.
- KeepWarm adjusts the element to maintain a low simmering mode.
- CountDown™ Timers: Bosch’s new induction and electric cooktops feature separate timers for each element. Separate countdown timers make it possible to set elements to automatically shut off power at different times. For example, the element heating a sauce can shut off after 3 minutes, while the element cooking meat can shut off after 10.
- CleanLock makes it possible to shut down all controls and heating elements in the event of a spill, making clean-up easier and safer.
- Child Lock Protection prevents accidental activation – perfect for homes with kids or pets.
- Induction Cooktops
- 300, 500 and 800 Series models available in 30” and 36”
- 800 Series 36” induction cooktop with two AutoChef sensors
- Electric Cooktops
- 300, 500 and 800 Series models in 30” and 36”
- 800 Series 30” and 36” electric cooktop with one AutoChef sensor